Sunday, January 27, 2013

style crush: gayle spannaus






Meet Gayle Spannaus, J.Crew's style director and the driving force behind the brands catalogs....the ones I notoriously keep like the little magazine wh()re I am. ;)

You say J.Crew, and most will instantly think of Jenna Lyons [who is also fabulous]...but this barely 5 foot tall lady is just as much a part of the company's success as Ms. Jenna.   She took an opportunity to get her foot in the door by taking a gig doing the casting of models and hiring the photographers.  That was 19 years ago.  Eventually she moved over to styling, and the rest is history.

If you google Jenna's name, thousands of pictures will pop up.  Not so much with Gayle.  She prefers to lead a more private life....therefore, you're lucky to get a few pics of this stylish lady.  Which I, personally think is ashame.  Not that she prefers to lead a private life [I think that's great]...but that we don't get to see more of her outfits. :)

Orange-y red lips + pushed up sleeves = part of Gayle's signature look.

I love it.  AND she's in her 40's.  I love it even more. ;)

talk soon

cp

No comments:

Post a Comment