Saturday, May 19, 2012

happy day diana

My post today is dedicated to my mom.  


On May 19, 1943 a baby girl was born in Coahuila, Mexico.  She would not have the easiest life, in fact when I've told stories of her childhood my friends have been amazed that a little girl had to endure what she did.  


But she did.  And she became the amazing woman that she is today.  She is a very big part of the reason that I am who I am, and that makes me proud.


She is fiercely loyal, has a thick Mexican accent (which I am clearly oblivious to, since that's all I've ever known), loves to laugh, and most of all..... she is a fighter (in the best possible sense of the term).


Happy day mom.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet....and I love the new blog design on the big screen - iPhone didn't do it justice!
    Here's to your Mama and your new design - CHEERS!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an amazing woman...who raised an amazing daughter.
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete