Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday mania

I took the day off today (which I've decided will be my new tradition....stores are nice and quiet since everyone's gone back to work...or they are glued to their computers for cyber Monday!) to start in on my list of Christmas shopping......and I'm proud to say that I officially have 11 people done!


Plenty more to still do, but I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I got home...huge!

I got home to find this fun surprise in my mailbox....I love Elle Decor. (who am I kidding, it's a magazine, of course I love it ;)).  Can't wait to read it tonight. 


















































This little gal showed up in our house today too........meet Evan (how cute is her pixie cut?!), our elf scout from the North Pole....her 'job' from today until Christmas Eve will be to monitor Ryan's behavior and report back to Santa.  Each night she travels back to the North Pole to give her report, and every morning she will be land in a different spot in our house.  The important thing to remember here is that she cannot be touched by Ms. Ryan....or she will lose her magic and not be able to travel back to the North Pole.......I'll let you know every once in awhile how things are coming along. ;)












































And finally......I enjoyed my first night by light of the Christmas tree last night.....here was the view from my seat on the couch....pretty awesome. 







































































4 comments:

  1. Shopping during the week is a must during the holidays! I love the Elf on the Shelf. My best friend does it with her girls and we laugh because she always runs out of places to put it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan kind of looks like Ryan....

    This explains why I didn't hear back from you - I am either a horrible listener or I didn't know you were off today! So nice - I was thinking I should take this day as a vacation day for the rest of my life - haha!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does resemble Ryan!!
    Loved having today off....I say make it a tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    I'm already keeping a running list of where Evan will pop up.....for fear that I'll run out of places.
    Maybe she'll pop up in the fridge one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete