The alarm clock this morning was a bit brutal, I must admit. I tried (and I think did a fairly decent job) to unplug for the week that I was off......minimal texting, no checking of work email, clearly no blog posting... ;)
A few highlights from my week:
- Never underestimate how nice a vacation at home is. No, it's not lying on the beach...but there is something so nice about being in your own space and having no agenda (or at least a minimal agenda).
- A slumber party with three 9 year old girls is loud. I mean LOUD.
- Saw The Hunger Games and loved it. I don't know that I would've appreciated it as much had I not read the book, but then again I wouldn't have known what I was missing. ;)
- Read The Help. Yes, I realize I'm about 2 years behind on that. Really enjoyed it and wonder what I'll think of the movie (which I feel I can now see since I've read the book...I'm weird like that).
- Spent a beautiful afternoon at the zoo....just the 3 of us. It was sunny and just warm enough outside that we were perfectly comfortable. I've been to many a zoo, and yet Lincoln Park Zoo remains #1 in my heart. The giraffes and apes are my favorite. I could watch them all day. :)
- My little girl is growing up...and it's kind of freaking me out.
- Saw Friends with Kids...I love Maya Rudolph. I want to be friends with her. For serious.
- We spent two nights at a hotel in Chicago and played tourists....visiting The Art Institute of Chicago and standing in line at Garretts for popcorn. My mouth is watering just typing this.
- Every stitch of laundry in my house in clean. Every. Single. Piece. :)
And, I leave you with a fantastic little pig..........who has the ability to blare your music..........
|here piggy piggy|
I'm happy to be back, and have some fun posts and a new series or two to unveil soon.